Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Chapel of Our Lady of Mercy
We are very proud of our roots. After arriving in East London, the Sisters of Mercy set about doing God’s work by looking after the poor within their communities. In 1933, they started ‘Bishop Challoner Girls School’ and as they say, the rest is history. In honour and with our thanks, we dedicated our new Federation Chapel to the Sisters of Mercy who live in the Convent nearby still to this day. Since the Chapel’s establishment in July 2016, the weekly use of it has only increased and it is beautiful to see that students come here daily to soak up the peaceful atmosphere and feel invited to spend time in God’s presence.