Information and Survey for Parents of Year 10 and Year 12
Many of our parents will have heard that for students in Years 10 and 12 schools can now offer some face to face classroom time between now and the end of the academic year.
For the main part, the work and study at home must continue and this will still form the basis of their education at this point.
However, we can now offer some time in class to help with consolidating this learning and answering any questions or problems students have faced with the work.
Parents will of course want to know what form this will take….
This may of course change depending on the numbers of students/families deciding to take part and on the availability of staff who are not medically vulnerable or unwell.
However, the form in which this will take is as below:
Year 10 (by end of academic year)
- Groups of no more than 15 students.
- Using only our larger classrooms so that distancing can be put in place.
- One AM or PM session per subject (some subjects may not be available if staff are medically vulnerable to Covid 19)
- Focussed on the work covered between consolidation week and the end of term.
- No more than 2 groups (boys school) and 2 groups (girls school) in at any time.
- Students will come straight in and go straight home after sessions.
(These same groups to remain together if we come back with only Years 10 and 12 full time at any point – as this has been suggested by govt. as a possibility).
- Currently we plan to offer 1-2-1 academic tutorial sessions with a subject teacher.
- Approx. 30 min per session (1 session per subject for each student).
- (some subjects may not be available if staff are medically vulnerable to Covid 19)
- These sessions will be outside and socially distanced – weather permitting.
- Students come straight in and go straight home after their session.